Thursday, January 29, 2015

5 years!!!!!

Today I am celebrating 5 years of making one of the best decisions I ever made!
5 years ago today I put on a ratty old pair of Walmart tennis shoes- and ran down a hill! Breathless and shaking I made it about a half of a mile, if that.
I am so thankful for this gift of running. I get just as much out of running- spiritually, emotionally and mentally as I do physically.
Today, I will put my running shoes on- 26 degrees and bundled up- with my faithful companion, Sebastian- and we will fly down that same hill and through Pauline, this beautiful countryside I live in. We will wave and say hello to all the wonderful neighbors I have met through running.
And I will celebrate 5 years with 5 miles. 5 miles of prayers, of singing in my heart. 5 miles of listening and seeing with new ears and new eyes.
5 miles of grace. 5 miles of peace. 5 miles of joy. 5 miles of life.
Yes, thank You, Father for this gift of running.

No comments: