Sunday, January 18, 2015

Amy

Amy,
This morning I was out running with my dog, Sebastian.  As we were running the sun was coming up behind us causing our shadows to run, also, across an old corn field.  I laughed, and said, "Thank You, Lord for this beautiful morning.  This beautiful sunshine. Thank You, that I get to run."

Then I realized what I said, "I get to run."  I laughed again, and thanked God for you, Amy.  Every time I think or say the words, "I get to", you are hand in hand with them.

As I prayed, I realized that so many GET TO run but so few do.  So many GET TO run- do it and are so thankful and grateful that we can.  The exhaustion and the exhilaration.  Sweating out the toxins in our body- working through our thoughts and emotions in our hearts and minds- getting a good cleaning out there also!  How clean we feel inside and out, after a shower!

And God also revealed to me that intimacy with Him is very much like running.  We, as His children, can have intimacy with Him.  But many don't.  And they certainly can't be thankful or grateful for something they don't have.  Intimacy with Him- is exhilaration- and even a cleanliness as we experience His rest, His trust, His fellowship, His grace, His mercy-  Him.  In all His fullness He reveals Himself to us, in us and through us.

And we feel and know we are whole.

I prayed for you, Amy.  I prayed that you experience His intimacy in this moment in your life.  That God's plan for you is not in the future- you are in His plan this very moment.  You were in His plan for your whole and complete healing- 8 years ago.  And this very moment.

I love you, my friend- my sister.  I am so thankful that I  GET TO call you both!  Thank you for allowing God to use you and speak through you- as He chooses.

No comments: