Sunday, December 1, 2013

Speaking my Love language, Jesus

I came to understand Christ as my life, 5 years ago. I learned that although my emotions are real they are not always truthful. 

I learned that through Christ I didn't have to be enslaved to my emotions and that Jesus could heal them and I could live from Him, who is Truth and Peace. 

Since I have taken this last ADT God has really been speaking to me about false messages I have believed about my self and the ways I have coped because of those false messages- aka FLESH!

This last weekend, I got swallowed up in my flesh. I don't know why or how it happened, exactly, but the result was me- withdrawing emotionally from Nick and the kids. Years ago when hurt or offended I would have reacted in anger (flesh). Now, I avoid such an emotional and violative outbursts and I withdraw. I just recently was revealed by God that that was how I reacted. I withdraw and just cut off all emotions. 

So I numbed myself from Friday night until Sunday afternoon. That morning I texted Patricia and asked if we could walk later- and she said yes. 

We met at Dorman, we walked and talked. My spirit lifted. 

A couple of weeks ago when I met with my ADT mentor, Pat, she told me that sometimes it's better to share with our girlfriends some things because there are some things our husbands just don't understand.  I am so glad for this advice. 

I am so glad Patricia was available to listen and understand. She is my best friend and so much more than my sister in Christ. We have a deep spiritual bond. We speak each others Love language, Jesus. 

And my spirit was lifted and light once again. 

Abide, trust and rest in Christ. God's words love to me, spoke through a dear friend that listens and understands. 


No comments: