Friday, November 29, 2013

OK, I admit it- I'm just not a Christmassy person!

I admit it, I just don't LIKE the Christmas season.  And it has NOTHING to do with Jesus.  Just because I don't like Christmas doesn't mean I don't love Jesus.  To be honest, Resurrection Day, is my favorite holiday. I think if we truly celebrate any day about Christ, it should be Resurrection Day!  But we don't.  We kind of blow by Resurrection Day.  I guess we make so much out of Christmas, so much that has less and less to do with Jesus, that I just can't get into it.

But yet, I celebrate Christ daily.  I live in intimacy with Him.  I celebrate His birth, life, death, burial, resurrection and ascension every day.

I just totally- ugggg- the Christmas holidays.

Some people would say, "Well, you aren't making it about Christ".  Really?  I have to make one season about Him?  One month?  One day?  That's all?

Christ is my life.

Honestly, I'd rather watch the "idea" of Christmas on Hallmark than live the truth of it.  Because people, the real Christmas season is NOT like a Hallmark movie.  We build it up and build it up just for a letdown.

I love taking the tree down ON Christmas day and getting my house back in order!  Mainly, because I am ready for a new, exciting year!

All the things we do just to get a "feeling".  A feeling of something we have never really had but has been made up for us on TV.  The holidays shows make us feel good.  But that is not real life.

Here is real life for you.  The tree is crooked.  There aren't enough lights.  I swallow my idea of what the tree I want to look like, looks like- and just say, "It's up."  But we did it together.  We didn't pay anyone to come and put the perfect tree up with the perfect ornaments.

Here is real life.  In 25 days- it's OVER and life can resume!

That makes me happy!!!!!

I feel like my life is on hold for a month, for what?  For why?  To fulfill who's idea of what Christmas should looks like?  How I should feel?

Jesus, thank You for coming to this earth to be born as a man- so you can die as a man, yet sinless.  And rise again, so that I might have life.

This is "that" Christmas feeling to me.  Those words and their truth fill me with JOY and PEACE!

I will never have that Christmas feeling that Hallmark and the commercials try to sell us.

But I have real feelings of genuine love, and life, and joy unspeakable, and peace within.  That can never be replaced by any manmade feelings.  Never.


No comments: