Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Swallowed UP!

Today, I got all swallowed up in myself.  My thoughts, my fears, my worries and even my hopes and dreams.  You know where that all led me?

Any time we go down the road of self...it leads to defeat, discouragement and despair.  Oh what a path that is!  It is certainly NOT by green pastures or quiet waters, that's for sure!

I was listening on my MP3 player Madame Guyon's Short Method of Prayer audiobook and this verse was quoted, "The Lord will fight for you and you shall hold your peace and remain at rest."- Exodus 14:14, AMP.

All those thoughts, feelings and emotions that overwhelmed me came from my soul (mind, will and emotions).  Jesus came to set the captive free!  He redeemed my soul!  I don't have to GO there in my soul and I certainly don't have to STAY there in my soul.

Even while I was overwhelmed I prayed that whatever was holding me that Christ would release it.  And He did!  He fought again, for my soul!  So that I can hold the peace He has given me (Himself!) and I can remain at rest.

Something else, why does He allow me to get all swallowed up and wallowed in?  So that He can be Himself to me.  He doesn't want me to become to dependent on anything.  Nothing.  Not bad feelings, thoughts and emotions AND not even good feelings, thoughts and emotions.  In the bad, I often find I do not fully trust Him and in the good I find I do not need Him.

My thoughts, feelings and emotions need to be settled fully into Him and Him alone.

 "The Lord will fight for you and you shall hold your peace and remain at rest."- Exodus 14:14, AMP.

Amen and amen!


No comments: