Monday, December 23, 2013

Relief

Today, I am relieved.

My big weekend is over and thoroughly enjoyed it...but it was exhausting.

Friday the 20th, I ran 19.1 miles.  Took me 3 hours.  It was a rough run from the beginning because I was so tired to start out with.

Then I had to go clean a house.  Then off to Sam's for supplies for the boys detention center Christmas Party on Saturday.  Home to straighten up my house and prepare 3 LARGE macaroni and cheese.

Clean up.

Oh yeah, then a big fight with my boys.  Ug.

Saturday morning I was up early to bake the mac n cheese and 2 large pans of ham.

Left for White Pines at 10:30am.

Got home at 4.

Then did more clean up and fixing supper- then finally my poor dogs got a bath!

More clean up.

Finally got to bed!

Up early to be at the church by 8:15 to meet with Kenny, our missionary in England!  Yay, very excited about our trip!  Pray pray pray for England!!!!

Home around 12- lunch then Christmas Shopping.

Home by 4.

Then Nick and I spent the evening organizing and wrapping!!!!  I also finished some scarves I've been making for my nieces.

Clean up!

I slept much better last night.  Anticipation and then experiencing lack of rest, absolutely overwhelms me.  But knowing 90% is completely just simply relieves me.  I still need to pick up Nick and his dad a thing or two, but overall- I'm finished.

I could actually cry, I am so relieved.

Today, I am going to Mrs Garrett's to do some things.  Then another evening at home.  This evening may actually be LIGHT- I am so grateful and thankful!

Jesus- thank You for seeing me through these last weeks.  You know how exhausted and overwhelmed I get.  Thank You for just being with me and speaking tenderly to me.  I love you.

I am never prepared for December.  I hear people say, "Well, it comes every year."  Yes, it does.  But when your life is already so packed and at a financial limit, how do you really prepare for more?  I certainly will not go into debt just to buy a few gifts.  I don't want to have to work for months to pay for one month.  AND I don't want anyone to do that for me!  I did that for years when the kids were little because Nick and I were STUPID!  If I had it to do all over again- NO WAY would I do that.

Onward to 2014!


No comments: