Monday, August 6, 2018

Serving and Ministering

Last night our youth gave a mission report about their week in Albany,NY.  

I was reminded again- how blessed I am with my children.  As parents we often see their faults- even when they are adults.  But I am learning more and more to see my children as the people (adults) God created them uniquely to be.  

Allison, Ben and Johnie are all youth "workers".  Ben is the youth pastor, Allison nurtures all the youth, and Johnie- his life is so interwoven in the youth that it would be strange if he wasn't a part of it.  He was 11 when he joined the youth group at BBC and went from a boy to a man- and now it's going on 13 years since he's been involved.  As a matter of fact, when he joined the youth some of the youth that are in there now wasn't even born!  

What I find as wonderful and so thankful for- is that all my kids Allison, Ben, Cody and Johnie are in some way involved- serving and ministering- at our church or our community.  Cody, although not actively involved in youth ministry, coaches a homeschool cross country team- and several of them on the team are members of our church youth group.  So- they all kind of work- serve and minister- together.

Thank You, dear Lord.  Thank You.  

No comments: