Monday, August 6, 2018

10 years



10 years ago August 4, 2007-
The Lord brought me up out of the pit of destruction, out of the miry clay, and He set my feet upon a rock making my footsteps firm. He put a new song in my mouth, a song of praise to our God; Psalm 40:2-3
10 years ago God lifted me out of the pit of "depression", anger and control. I had been in that pit for as long as I could remember and it encompassed every bit of my life- inside and out.
10 years ago I stopped depending on my "happy pill" and God began to work in me that He wanted to heal me of the reasons I took the "happy pill". He wanted to expose the root issues, causes and lies I believed of why I wanted to numb my emotions and not deal with my emotions or be overcome by them- and learn to have healthy emotions and live from truth.
"Your feelings/emotions are real but they are not always truthful."
I am so thankful for this process that God had begun in me. Not only did I begin healing...but my little family did too. I don't want my children to carry on the legacy of "depression", anger, and unhealthy control issues. I thank God every day....that He brought us up out of the pit of destruction my family was in...and set our feet on a rock!
He surely put a new song in my mouth! I praise Him for revelation and healing!

No comments: