Friday, July 8, 2016

Roman Michael Wofford July 6, 2016


The last few days have been so- exciting with some moments of sheer fear in my heart. Fear when only in my heart and mind I was praying, "Please Father, please...keep our girl and baby safe." 

I may have looked calm on the outside but in the inside a prayer of deep love a mother has for her daughter and for her daughter's child was pouring like a mighty torrent to my beloved Father. In the moments when I couldn't remember words, the Holy Spirit prayed for me.

Romans 8:26
In the same way the Spirit also helps our weakness; for we do not know how to pray as we should, but the Spirit Himself intercedes for us with groanings too deep for words;


Father, of all grace and mercy. 

Jesus. Jesus. "I am your Peace." 

Did you know that in Luke 2:51 when it says Mary "treasured, pondered" these things with her heart that word in Greek is diatereo? Diatereo means to "guard with care".

That verse should read, "His (Jesus') mother guarded with care these things in her heart."

That's how I was feeling- "guarding with care" these things in my heart. Jesus knew my fears and He knew that my emotions also needed to be "guarded with care."

But this I also know...my Father was guarding with care...Allison, Roman and Ben.
Trust. Let Me hold you together. I am all you need. Every moment. 

When Allison was in recovery she asked Ben to come and get me. When she saw me, she and I both cried. My heart with relief. Her heart with relief. We both were happy to see and touch one another. 

She said, "Mom I felt so alone and scared."
I said, "Al, you were never alone. Christ in you. Jesus is always with you."
"Yes," she said. Yes. 

If you prayed for Allison, Ben and Roman- we thank you. I knew the only way we could really get through this is ON/IN/THROUGH prayer. You all lifted us up and held us up. 

He is faithful. Always. No matter what.
He is present. Always. No matter what. 


We thank you.

No comments: