Saturday, July 23, 2016

Learning to trust and hear God.....

1 John 2:20
But you have an anointing from the Holy One, and you all know.
1 John 2:27
As for you, the anointing which you received from Him abides in you, and you have no need for anyone to teach you; but as His anointing teaches you about all things, and is true and is not a lie, and just as it has taught you, you abide in Him.

 It has taken me a long to learn and grow into who God has created me to be. Don't get me wrong- I am still learning and growing but I am more comfortable with who I am now.
I used to jump right into things. I used to be the first on board. I used to do a lot of things because people asked me to, or because I thought it was what I thought God wanted me to do.
A lot of things I did without truly asking, "Jesus, is this really what You desire for me?" And then listening for His response.
I did a lot of things I- in my inner man- did not really want to do. I did it to fill an empty spot sometimes. I did it because nobody else would.
Now, I think carefully and even pray about even the littlest things. "Lord, what do You think about this?" And I listen to Him.
I love to teach. I love to speak about what God is speaking into me. Because if He is speaking into me, I know He is speaking into others. When I hear others teach/speak about what He is doing in and through them- my heart just about leaps out of my chest because it's like that with me.
Through the years I have come to the realization that I am not a "weekly" teacher. For one thing- I don't really like teaching from pre-written material. I don't like being handed a teacher's guide and have to teach what God has spoke into someone else. Second- it takes a lot of time, of thinking, of study- and praying, listening to the Lord as He guides me and teaches me.
So, I have come to the happy understanding that I love to share what God is speaking into me, what He is teaching me BUT He has not created me to do this every week- year after year.
Before I understood this I was in chaos a lot. I thought I was letting God down. I thought I wasn't doing enough for Him. I thought He wouldn't be pleased with me.
Then I opened the Scriptures and He spoke to me through them. He began to speak into me that He created me, uniquely. That He wasn't making clones. I am fearfully and wonderfully made. I am who I am because He has made me this way. He asks me to yield to Him, surrender to Him- to allow Him to be Who He is in me and through me. THIS pleases Him. Abiding. Trusting.
So, when I am asked now to teach/speak- to me, honestly, it's sharing the truths of this magnificent God who loves us- who has given us everything we need for life and godliness, I get really excited! It's not a chore to me. It's not toiling to me. It's not drudgery to me.
I get to share- Him! He leads me, He guides me- He speaks into me. It's amazing how He is the One who puts all the pieces together! I'm just along for the ride. A vessel. A branch.
Have you asked the Lord to bring you to the place of being comfortable with who He has created you to be? Maybe you are like me- you are doing just to be doing? Or just maybe you are still in the process of God speaking into you who you are- maybe He is weeding some things out of your life that are choking you? Maybe He is fertilizing some things in your life to they will grow and expand?
Spend some precious time with Him and He will nurture and grow you in Him.

No comments: