Friday, July 10, 2015

My Connie

I take so much in life for granted. We all do. We just expect things to always be the same, never to change. But life is all about change, change is continually happening. Sometimes we can see the change, sometimes we can't.
Yesterday after work, something that has never happened before- happened. Some of you are going to think- well, that is so silly. But to me it was first time experience.
Yesterday my Connie came over and swam in the pool with Allison and me. We just kind of swam around and talked and laughed. So, what's the big deal about that?
Connie is the mother of my adulthood. She is my mentor, my prayer warrior, best friend, a grandmother to our children. She is realistic, honest, devout, fun-loving- and trusts God. She seeks to know Him more intimately, daily. She loves Him.
And yesterday- she came over and for the first time in my life I went swimming with my mother and my daughter. Just us- floating around the pool. Whole. Healed.
Psalm 37:4
Delight yourself in the Lord;
And He will give you the desires of your heart.

No comments: