Friday, April 28, 2017

Today, I celebrate my Mom.

Laura Laverne Lee Cleary

I celebrate her 39 years on this earth.
I celebrate that I spent 9 years and one month of those days with her.

I see her, everywhere.

I see her in my sisters-
in Tina- determined to go against the odds and rise above the situations in her life.
in Marsha- the "clean" freak, always liking things clean and orderly.
in Sis- a hard worker, working from a young age to help provide for her family.
in Karen- the no-nonsense, "let's get this done" attitude.
I see in each of them- Mom's mannerisms: how she walked, how she talked, the shape of her hands, the shape of her legs.

in my brothers-
in Mike and David, I see both a desire for stability and security- and making it happen.

I see her in my nieces and my great nieces.
I see her in my nephews and my great nephews.
Jessica looks like Mom when Mom was younger.
Lindsey parents like Mom (and she's a lot like Karen) no-nonsense, but fun and is steadfast in how she mother's the girls.
Ricky's Elora is how I picture Mom as a young girl!
I also see Mom in Addy, Dustin's daughter.

And of all my children, I guess because she is a girl, I see Mom most in Allison.
The structure of her face.
The tilt of her head.
Her hands are my Mom's hands.  She has her grandmother's hands.
She's a homebody, just like Mom.
She loves her home, taking care of her family and finding peace and security in being home.

Maybe someday- I, too, will see Mom in the faces of one of my granddaughters.
I do pray they each receive the steadfastness, perseverance, hard-working, "will do what it takes to get things done" attitude- a love for their home and family.






No comments: