Thursday, April 27, 2017

Overcomers!

Reading through the Scriptures I have yet to find Jesus speaking these words:
I cannot overcome.
I did not overcome.
I will not overcome.
But I did find this:
These things I have spoken to you, so that in Me you may have peace. In the world you have tribulation, but take courage; I have overcome the world.- Jesus (John 16:33)
Jesus- THE Overcomer!
Have= past tense. Done.
Overcome:
Definition: I conquer, am victorious, overcome, prevail, subdue.
3528 nikáō(from 3529 /níkē, "victory") – properly, conquer (overcome); " 'to carry off the victory, come off victorious.' The verb implies a battle" (K. Wuest).- HELPS Word-studies
And I found this from John, the beloved- who had experience many many trials and tribulations because of the gospel:
I am writing to you, fathers, because you know Him who has been from the beginning. I am writing to you, young men, because you have overcome the evil one. I have written to you, children, because you know the Father.
I have written to you, fathers, because you know Him who has been from the beginning. I have written to you, young men, because you are strong, and the word of God abides in you, and you have overcome the evil one.- 1 John 2:13-14
You are from God, little children, and have overcome them; because greater is He who is in you than he who is in the world.- 1 John 4:4
For whatever is born of God overcomes the world; and this is the victory that has overcome the world—our faith.
Who is the one who overcomes the world, but he who believes that Jesus is the Son of God?- 1 John 5:4-5
But in all these things we overwhelmingly conquer through Him who loved us.- Romans 8
If you are a believer, you too, are an overcomer because THE Overcomer lives in you!
Set you mind and heart on this truth today!

Show more react

No comments: