Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Roman's First Daffodil



I know I can be terribly sentimental. I think more so in the spring. Spring represents life and death to me.

Life- because I am spring baby. I love the earth awaking and blooming forth glorious treasures. My hands long to feel the cool dirt on my hands and smell- resurrection and life! 

Death- because my Mom passed from this life in the spring. She loved daffodils. She loved to walk up to the field from our house and gather bunches and bunches. Fill our house with smell of renewal and the cheery faces of the daffodils. 

I do,too. They remind me of her. 

Yesterday our little Roman got to smell his first daffodil. I got to put the very daffodil in this picture up to his little nose and watch him. Like his Esse and his great-grandmother he liked it! I will dry this daffodil and put it in my journal. I will date it and note it was Roman's first daffodil. I got to experience this with him. 

I am one rich woman. Some people think money represents wealth but that is not true. Wealth comes from knowing and living from the simple and profound gifts from God.

No comments: