Thursday, February 16, 2017

Goodness! 3 years ago!

The day after I ran my first and ONLY marathon! : )

Happy Sunday! Well the last 25 hours have been an adventure. Mainly one of pain! Still in pain! And what happens when I get stressed out? Cold sores! So not only does my legs and foot hurt, I have another cold sore! Well, amen.
I know this may sound crazy to some but running and finishing that marathon was a "spiritual experience" for me. I only shared with a few people I was training for this- since early December. I didn't even sign up for it until a few weeks ago.
But they all prayed. I got emails and text telling me they were. When my legs were falling apart and my mind was losing- the prayers of the saints lifted me and carried me.
And I know running a marathon is not something some people would pray about- but if God gives us the desires of our heart and this was my desire- wasnt it from Him? Running truly brings you to the end of yourself. You got nothing more to give- so you HAVE TO DEPEND ON HIM.
I don't want to be anywhere else for any other reason in all of my life. Living in dependency and intimacy with Jesus!
"Lord Almighy"- at mile 21 there was a small church with a live band handing out water. One woman was holding a sign "we are praying for you". An older gentleman was picking up cups singing with the band "Lord Almighy". I ask the woman to pray for me. And I said "amen" to the older gentleman and thanked him.
I thankful for my brothers and sisters that dont even KNOW me yet lift me before our Father.
Prayers of the saint availath much!

No comments: