Thursday, February 16, 2017

Am I the woman?

Adam and Eve were blame-shifters. Adam blamed Eve- and God- because he chose to eat from the tree of knowledge of good and evil when God had told him not to. Eve blamed the serpent because he deceived her.
Neither one took responsibility for their own actions.
That's how many relationships operate. We like to blame the other person in the relationship. Whether it be our spouse, children, siblings, parents, co-workers, even our brothers and sisters in Christ- we choose to lay the blame on someone else instead of our self.
In 2 Samuel 12 Nathan confronts King David with a story about a rich man taking a poor man'a lamb to feed a traveler. David said the rich man should die for taking the poor man's only lamb that he loved and cared for like a daughter. Then Nathan said to him, "You are the man!" Because David had taken Uriah's wife and his life.
David RECEIVED the truth and the word from the Lord, through Nathan. He said, "I have sinned against LORD."
How often do we receive the truth and the word from the Lord, that "maybe I am the problem"? Maybe I am the man, or the woman?Instead of blaming someone else?
"I have sinned against the LORD."
Search me [thoroughly], O God, and know my heart;
Test me and know my anxious thoughts;
And see if there is any wicked or hurtful way in me,
And lead me in the everlasting way.- Psalm 139:23-24
Maybe the beginning of healing any relationship begins with ME, seeing things through God's viewpoint instead of how I want to see them? Instead of blaming other's to look, through God's eyes and heart, at our self?
Maybe healing and restoration comes by coming to end of my SELF and to allowing God reveal to ME how I may be offensive, hurtful or wicked.

No comments: