Monday, January 2, 2017

Miles logged for 2016

1224.  That's my logged in miles for 2016.  l walked/hiked some of those miles.  Mainly in fellowship with dear friends.  I biked some of those miles when it was too cold and I didn't want to go out.  But the biggest majority was running.  I think walking/hiking is very good- uses muscles not used running or biking.  The biking really builds up my thigh muscles.  But running is my heart.

My goal for 2017 is more miles (would love 1250) but at a better pace and longer distances.  I want to "want to" run more and better this year.

I don't really "race".  I don't run to get medals or t-shirts- or just to say I ran so many races.  I don't run to race.  I run to run.  And I can't make myself give that much money just to say I race- to run 3,5,6 miles when I can do that at home for free.  That's just crazy to me.

I don't spend a lot of money on running.  I don't wear fancy running clothes.  I do like a good GPS watch.  I bought mine on ebay about 4 years ago for about $120.  It won't log online anymore- hasn't in a couple of years but I don't care.  I just want my pace, distance and time.

I do like good shoes.  (I also wear plantar fasciitis sleeves on my feet every run.  Got them on amazon.) Back to the shoes.  I only have one good pair at a time.  They are just too expensive to have more than one pair.  My kids bought me a new pair of Altra's for Christmas - that's $100.  They go in together and get them.  I am so blessed.  I try to make them last 5-6 months but wore out soles are not good for hips, legs, feet and knees.

My goal each month is to get 100 miles a month.  I've done this for 4 or 5 years now.  Maybe this year I can get in more.  But I want to run because I want to, love to and enjoy the benefits of it.

On January 29th I celebrate 7 years of running.  My lifelong goal is to be a lifelong runner.  That happens by going out each day and putting one foot in front of the other.

There by the grace of God, go I.

No comments: