Saturday, September 17, 2016

Still wondering.....

For the life of me I cannot understand why people don't want to work. I don't understand why they don't want better. I don't understand why they don't take care of what they have. Work is not a bad thing. It gives you a sense of pride and accomplishment for providing for your family and your self.
Well, I guess it's like my cousin Pam said her dad, Uncle Hyman, always said, "Either you got IT, or you don't."
That IT is...gumption, desire, common sense, willingness.
There is a young woman that I know that survived a horrific car accident. She has spent years recovering. But she REFUSES to be "disabled". Every day, she gets up and goes out because SHE GETS TO! She puts her body through paces every day- and I know it hurts! But she does it. She goes to a job every day that she loves, doesn't get paid-YET- but she will!- so that she can retrain and relearn her job again. She's got that IT! We need more like her and LESS lazy, spoiled, dependent and irresponsible adults. By the way, parents- what kind of future adult are YOU raising?
There is a HUGE difference in those that actually NEED help and those that flat our refuse to help themselves. Those that DO WHAT IT TAKES (and that means sacrificing your wants) to take care of their family. Adversity brings to light what's really inside of a person.
And unfortunately, if this is how you grew up- and see your parents then most likely the children turn out the same way. It becomes generational. Kudos to those that do overcome!
I am going with the apostle Paul on this one:
2 Thessalonians 3:10
For even when we were with you, we used to give you this order: if anyone is not willing to work, then he is not to eat, either.

No comments: