Wednesday, September 28, 2016

FB Holiday

I've decided to take another FB holiday.  Why?

1) It's addicting.  How many times a day do I look at it?

2) Politics

3) Sports


These 3 combined, along with other things cause me to be- and feel- well, frankly critical and judgmental.  

I don't like being that way.  

So.  I've got some many things I want to do this fall to prepare for next spring.  

I really would like to put out a couple more of the peach trees, a couple fig trees and a blueberry bush.  My goal is to freeze more fruit.  

Also, next year I want to put out some raised vegetable beds.  I would like to also freeze, maybe someday can, these vegetables.  

We have been trying to get GRASS to grow.  Which is really hard to do in this intense heat and lack of rain.   The fireants are widespread in the yard and we are hoping get them under control again. 

We've done a lot of work this year in our yard and in our home.  Next year I hope for new deck on the pool (current one is 16 years old), regravel more of our parking/driveway, start replacing some of our windows and insulate under our house more.  Goodness, upkeep on a house and property can be quite a lot but Nick and I are looking to the future. Eventually we are going to have to replace our roof and a new heatpump.  That's our planning...we are just taking one step right after another.  God always provides.  

Anyway- I just needed a FB break.  Needed to get some things done.  : )

No comments: