Thursday, November 5, 2015

Voices

There sure are a lot of voices trying to get my/your attention. 

Sin. Flesh. The world. Satan. 

Well meaning yet scripturally and spiritually illiterate people, pastors, teachers, friends, family, books, videos, movies, audio, songs, etc and etc. 

But there is only One Voice which speaks to me/you that is Truth. 

How can we know THE Voice amongst all the noise?

When my children were little and through their years- I came to know their voice amongst all others. Why?  Because I know that child intimately. From the way he/she breathes to how they walk through a room. I know their scent, their cry, their laughter. I SENSE their fears, their joys and their cares. I KNOW these kids because I've loved them, rocked them, spanked them, prayed for them, yelled at them, whispered sweet words to them- I've held them within my body as God wove them together in my womb. 

I've lived life with them. 

And they- by the same way- living life with me- know my voice. 

That's how I know my Father's voice.  The voice of my Shepherd. 

Living life intimately with Him and IN Him. 

Abiding. 

Whose voice do you hear? Listen to?

No comments: