Monday, November 2, 2015

Sarah Young, author of Jesus Calling

"I had kept a prayer journal for years, but I yearned for more and more of God in my life. So I set aside a time to listen in His Presence and write down what I believed He was saying to me. Thus, my journaling went from monologue to dialogue. This new way of communicating with God became the highlight of my day. I knew these new writings were not inspired as Scripture is, but they helped me grow much closer to God. In fact, listening to Jesus increased my intimacy with Him more than any other spiritual discipline. So I shared some of my writings in Jesus Calling- to help others who are searching for a deeper experience of Jesus' Presence and Peace. The Bible is, of course, the only Word of God, and I always endeavor to write in accordance with that unchanging standard."- Sarah Young

No comments: