Friday, November 6, 2015

Looking for something....

I lived most of my life looking for something...just around the corner.

I was always having to have something to look forward to.

When I became a believer, this kind of intensified in my life.  It became more of an emotional high- but the downfall to this is there is always a low.  What comes up must come down.   

That's why I was always so discontent.  I was always living ON an emotional roller coaster.

Then Jesus became my life- and He made plain to me that is now how He wants me to live.  Not up or down.  

He wants me to be steady.  To roll along- as I trust Him.  Now, the circumstances in my life may go UP or DOWN but that doesn't mean I do.  

Maybe that's why Christians always have to have something to DO.  Not so much about serving God but about having to fill that emptiness in their life and have something to look forward to- something right around the corner.  

My friend, Pastor Dave Loser, said this: "The greatest need we have is life."  

I tried to find life- right around the corner.  I tried to find life on a constant emotional roller coaster.  I tried to find life in everything that could never give me REAL life.  

"Jesus wants you to have a great life while you are here.  Abundant and full."- Dave Loser

JESUS is life.  He is the only life. If you want real life...then you need Jesus.  

John 1:1-4
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.  He was in the beginning with God.  All things came into being through Him, and apart from Him nothing came into being that has come into being.  In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men.

John 3:15, 16
so that whoever believes will in Him have eternal life....whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life.

John 3:36
He who believes in the Son has eternal life; but he who does not obey the Son will not see life, but the wrath of God abides on him.

John 5:21
For just as the Father raises the dead and gives them life, even so the Son also gives life to whom He wishes.

John 5
39 You search the Scriptures because you think that in them you have eternal life; it is these that testify about Me; 40 and you are unwilling to come to Me so that you may have life.

John 6:35,48
I am the bread of life.

John 6:63
It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh profits nothing; the words that I have spoken to you are spirit and are life.

John 8:12
Then Jesus again spoke to them, saying, “I am the Light of the world; he who follows Me will not walk in the darkness, but will have the Light of life.”

John 10:10
The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I came that they may have life, and have it abundantly.

John 11:25
I am the resurrection and the life

John 14:6
I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through Me.

John 17:3
This is eternal life, that they may know You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom You have sent.

John 20:31
but these have been written so that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing you may have life in His name.

Acts 17:25
He Himself gives to all people life and breath and all things

Romans 8:11
But if the Spirit of Him who raised Jesus from the dead dwells in you, He who raised Christ Jesus from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through His Spirit who dwells in you.

1 Corinthians 15:45
The last Adam became a life-giving spirit.

Galatians 2:20
I have been crucified with Christ; and it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself up for me.

Colossians 3:4
Christ, who is our life,

2 Timothy 1:10
but now has been revealed by the appearing of our Savior Christ Jesus, who abolished death and brought life and immortality to light through the gospel

2 Peter 1:3
seeing that His divine power has granted to us everything pertaining to life and godliness, through the true knowledge of Him who called us by His own glory and excellence.

1 John 1:1-3
 What was from the beginning, what we have heard, what we have seen with our eyes, what we have looked at and touched with our hands, concerning the Word of Life— and the life was manifested, and we have seen and testify and proclaim to you the eternal life, which was with the Father and was manifested to us— what we have seen and heard we proclaim to you also, so that you too may have fellowship with us; and indeed our fellowship is with the Father, and with His Son Jesus Christ.

1 John 5:11-13
And the testimony is this, that God has given us eternal life, and this life is in His Son.  He who has the Son has the life; he who does not have the Son of God does not have the life. These things I have written to you who believe in the name of the Son of God, so that you may know that you have eternal life.

1 John 5:20
And we know that the Son of God has come, and has given us understanding so that we may know Him who is true; and we are in Him who is true, in His Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God and eternal life.

Revelation 2:7
He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches. To him who overcomes, I will grant to eat of the tree of life which is in the Paradise of God.’

Revelation 22:17
The Spirit and the bride say, “Come.” And let the one who hears say, “Come.” And let the one who is thirsty come; let the one who wishes take the water of life without cost.

No comments: