Wednesday, October 14, 2015

The Word speaking Himself to me....

The last two days have been extremely busy.  We got back from our trip to Destin, Florida on the 9th and left early on the 10th for two days in Troutdale, Virginia.

We got home about 7pm Sunday night...and oh my...when you come in from such a trip you have all the STUFF to put up and laundry.  Not to mention the house that needs cleaned after a week and a half.  Johnie kept the kitchen, dining room and living room straightened up but...just decluttering and cleaning my bedroom was a chore.

So I worked Monday and Monday night.  I worked Tuesday and Tuesday night.  I also got a haircut, ran errands, ran, biked, cleaned my bedroom (sheets, blanket, dust ruffle) mopped, vacuumed, laundry and went to the groceries.

This has been a great morning for catching up.  No work today.  No White Pines tonight (Laurie has a new grand baby today!).  So today I just finished running 5 miles with my sweet dog, Sebastian- I am going to work on the Grace Life Conference and  cook a good dinner!  Oh my the food we had the last 10 days....poor Nick's stomach issue reared it's ugly head in Troutdale.  I felt so bad for him.  It had been a long time since he had had a problem.  Thank God we had his medicine with us!

I came home to drink a bottle of spring water I collected from a drain on White Top Mountain, Va.  It is so clean and refreshing...and my only bottle.  : (

I really am glad I went running.  It's a beautiful day.  50 degrees and sunny.  Jesus and I had a good talk.  He spoke to me.  I needed Him to speak to me.  I was feeling a little distant.  I guess it's because of all the traveling and time NOT alone.  I need time alone with Him and the running is one way He brings me to that sacred, quiet place.

Time alone with Jesus.  Faith.  Weakness.  Obedience.  Nourishment.  Growth.  Healing.  Nearness.  Know.  Are just a few words He spoke to me about as we talked.  And that my friends is- prayer.  Intimacy.  Fellowship.  Oneness.

But He is talking these words and turning them into more words and I am very excited about that.  The Word speaking Himself to me.  More about that later.....


No comments: