Saturday, March 1, 2014

Spiritual Sandpaper

My last class Advanced Discipleship Training class is in a couple of weeks and I have to write a 7 page paper, basically about what God has spoke into me not just in this class but understanding Who God is and who I am because of Him. 

This has been a journey I've been on since about 2007. Well, longer than that, I guess, but maybe I just started listening in 2007. I don't have much of a problem writing, or expressing my thoughts. I am not trained. I have no idea when I write a sentence incorrectly or correctly. But I don't journal, or blog or anything for anyone but God and...me, I guess.

Writing this paper, I have went back to my journals. I have kept a journal of some sort since I became a Christian in 2000. To write my prayers, express my thoughts, weep and wail...whatever it may be!

Now, I am seeing the fruit of this. I am seeing how God has led me. How He has become my Life and Everything. I am seeing all the people He has spoke through to me on this beautiful journey. AND how He has used me to speak to others on their beautiful journey.

Yet, my journey and their journey is interconnected and it is really OUR journey. We are all branches, on One Tree, all apart of each other and One.

We cannot go this journey alone. We must have one another. To wrap one another in love and yet be the sandpaper God uses to smooth, to remove old layers or to make more rough.

Thank you to ALL of you who have loved me- who God used as sandpaper.

Some of you God used to make me more smooth- settle and calm me, revealing truths to me.

Some of you God used to help removed OLD OLD layers of lies and unbelief and failures of the past.

Some of you, God used to roughen me up- brought the "flesh, self-life" to surface so that the process can be started again and God can smooth and remove.

Some of you were ALL of these. I am so blessed to have you in my life. So thankful for YOU.

No comments: