Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Someday....when I have grandchildren.....

Someday....when I have grandchildren.....

Here I am, almost 44- thinking about grandchildren!  Just yesterday I had three little babies of my own and now the years have flown by and those babies are adults!  One married and two in college!  WOW!

But, in the next few years Allison and Ben will  have children and I will be...gulp...a grandmother!

While I was out transplanting dandelions this afternoon I began to think about some things I would like to teach/impart/leave legacy to my grandchildren.

My hearts desire first of all is...that they have a beautiful intimate relationship with Jesus.  That they are spiritually healthy.

Second, I will give them unconditional love.  To fill their soul with beauty. I want them to know who they are in Christ.  I want their soul- their mind, will and emotions- to be healthy.  For them to know the riches of Christ and to live from Him.

Third, I will get their hands dirty.  I want them to trudge around in boots in the mud, to eat dandelions from the ground and find great pleasure in watching things they planted grow!

I will teach them about herbs.  That herbs can be used as medicine, healing and preventative.

I will lay with them on a blanket on the ground and read them books.

I will sing old hymns with them as we rock in the swing on the porch.

I will run barefoot with them through mud puddles during a spring shower.

I will RUN with them!!!

I will take them hiking, so they can enjoy God's beautiful creation.

I will tell them of their great grandparents and great great grandparents.  I will tell them of the people they come from.  I will take them to Kentucky so they can walk through the same hollars I did as a child.

I will read to them Romans 6 and explain it- many many times.

I will tell them I love them.  I will show them I love them.  I will love their parents.  I will speak words of truth, affirmation and encouragement to them.  I will lift their soul and not crush it.

I will teach them to work.  To pick up after themselves, clean their room and help their parents keep the house straightened up.  Because that's what families do.  They "do" together.

I will teach them to give, to help, to share, to love, to be kind, to be encouragers, to be concerned with one another, to have empathy and to have compassion with others.

To be who God created them to be.....

To live from Him so they CAN be spiritually, emotionally and physically healthy.

Someday...





No comments: