Wednesday, March 3, 2010

As You Are Married

This poem was given to me by a woman named Barbara Beatty. She was the pianist at Rheber Church of the Nazarene, the church I grew up in and where Nick and I were married. Barbara gave me this poem...it's on a little card...and I have carried it with me every day since we were married. Nick and I were married for 12 years before we came to Christ...yet I carried this little poem with me. These last 7 years it means so much more to me because I UNDERSTAND what it means! And still I carry it...ragged and all.

AS YOU ARE MARRIED BY DARLENE BLACKMON

Paul said 'tis a mystery

How two are joined as one,

We may not ever understand

Exactly how it's done.

A man must leave his

childhood home

To take to him a wife;

With new goals and direction,

New purpose now for life.

As the two of you are married,

With new doors now to enter,

Just build your home

upon the Rock

And make Christ

the Lord, the center.

No comments: