Sunday, February 28, 2010

So it's been a bit since I posted. I have ran quite a bit but my old sprain has re-sprained on left ankle so I only ran 1.5 on Friday, none on Saturday but did run the course at Dorman today (3.1). I feel better. Wrapped my foot in brown paper and vinegar for awhile.

My Sunday School teacher said something today that I love, "Broken vessels are all God can use." Amen to that. I am a broken vessel. Broken of self-effort and will. Broken of trying to be somebody for Jesus. But I do know that I must REMAIN a broken vessel. My heart must be soft and pliable to my God. I personally do not believe that God will allow us to continue where we are...either we grow hard to the things He wants to speak in and through us and we must be broken again OR we are broken and continually being filled by the Living Water. When we are continually being filled by Him, being taught and anointed by Him, that is when we grow in spiritual wisdom. It's a fine line at times, the flesh and the spirit!

Is your heart still soft and pliable? Brokenness allows His Spirit to heal you...fill you...renew you. If not, ask God to renew His steadfast Spirit within you. Ask God to BREAK you heart. This is deep and internal.

Oh the joy of a broken spirit. Because then His Spirit fills you.

No comments: