Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Happy 41st Birthday Nick!

I can't hardly believe it! Nick is 41!

Nick and I met right before his 17th birthday. I thought he was cute. He as so cocky. At the small high school we attended they actually announced birthdays early in the morning. I can remember seeing him in the hallway, down next to Mrs. Tucker's room and wishing him a Happy Birthday. I can still picture exactly where we were and how we looked at each other.

And now 24 birthdays have passed. Wow. It's so hard to believe that time passes so quickly. Surely it is a blink of an eye. Now WE have a 17 year old son. Cody looks like Nick, he's built like Nick was at 17. He even has a mop of hair like Nick did. Just a few short months after that Nick, in between his junior and senior year of high school, went off to basic training for the Army Reserves at Fort Campbell, Ky. He came back a different young man.

I am thankful for all the years Nick and I have had together. It's only through the Lord Jesus Christ we have made it this far. I give God the glory for saving our marriage.

ACNE


When I was a teenager I didn't have acne. After I had the kids, I did. So I've battled acne for 15 years or so. Now, Johnie, my 15 year old has acne. Allison, Cody or Nick for that matter has never really had acne. But Johnie is so fair-skinned and he's really broke out. I've tried SO many things on his face, and mine!

I have found something. Sulfur soap. I ordered one bar to try it out, and I like it. I just ordered a dozen bars for $30. I know that's a lot but it's the cheapest per bar I can find. This is the seller I bought from on ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/SULFUR-SOAP-ACNE-INEXPENSIVE-TREATMENT-MEDICATED-U-S-A_W0QQitemZ260368075371QQcategoryZ0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp4012.m506QQ_trkparmsZalgo%3DNGRI%26its%3DI%26itu%3DUA%26otn%3D12%26ps%3D63%26clkid%3D7908710408827057381

I also ordered, off ebay, Proactive Refining Mask. This, too, has sulfur in it. I just lightly put it on Johnie's face and he's keeps it on all night. His face looked good this morning. I hope this works, I feel so bad for him.

WHAT WAS THAT CLANGING IN THE DRYER?

My cellphone. Uggg! I washed my cellphone. The card still works so I put it in another phone, so maybe when my phone dries out it will work.

I am also very much enjoying the Pocket Thin Amplified Bible. You can pick one up at Christian Supply in Spartanburg.

Off to work I go!

No comments: