Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Training...LOL

I'm in training. LOL. I really am. I decided last year that I really wanted to run in Zebras. Also, I wanted to run a 5k before I was 40. The 1st and 2nd year of Zebra's was in April. As it would go, it is in March this year, 2 weeks BEFORE my 40th birthday! So IN training I am! I had ran some last summer...and into the fall. Then it got cold and I just DIDN'T make the time to run (ummm...mine is more like a jog LOL!).

In January I made a schedule to start with a half a mile a week and build on that. On January 29th I ran a half mile. I figure through the week I will build up to the next half mile. But...once I get started I push myself. This coming Saturday, February 20th, I should be up to running 2 miles. BUT...

Yesterday I ran two miles.
Today I ran 3.4! It was such a good run! My course:

Driving Directions from 270 Bagwell Dr Pauline, South Carolina to 2702 State Route 56 Pauline, South Carolina

I went up past Bagwell Drive and back down to 270 Bagwell Dr. (which is the acre of land we bought behind our house.) Check out the aerial version...it's pretty cool!

What better reason to run that to run for those that can't?

http://zebrasdoexist.com/

"The 3rd Annual Zebras Do Exist 5K Run/Walk is a charity event to raise support for the medical bills of two local families affected by Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome (EDS). We are also supporting the Chiari & Syringomyelia Foundation (www.csfinfo.org), a national advocacy, education, and research group.

EDS is an inherited connective tissue disorder that can manifest itself with severe spinal instability and brain deformation. As a result, extensive spinal and brain surgeries are performed to help with symptoms. You can visit www.medicalzebras.com to learn more about EDS. Since insurance does not cover most of the surgery cost and none of the travel expense, these families have financial needs that you can help meet."

No comments: