Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Back to where I belong!

Two and a half years ago our youth pastor, Will Gunter, spoke from Hebrews 12:1-2:

1Therefore, since we have so great a cloud of witnesses surrounding us, let us also lay aside every encumbrance and the sin which so easily entangles us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us,

2fixing our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of faith, who for the joy set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.

I don't think I had ever really read those verses nor understood them. It wasn't until a year later that God greatly spoke to me through those verses.

See, I have a problem of letting things get to me. Whether it be worrying about the future, what someone says or does to hurt me, my kids, my husband, my family, paying bills, getting my house back in order, taking care of the yard, work, saving up money for extra things we need...the list is ENDLESS. Then my thoughts lead from one to another and before I know it my thoughts are like the little mouse on his spinning wheel. Over and over. Fear invades me and overwhelms me.

Before I know it, I've taken my eyes of Jesus and allowed myself to be encumbered, entangled and enslaved. To my Self, my thoughts, to circumstances, to the devil, to this world, to other people. To things I can not control. I like control. When I'm not in control, I am fearful.

But Jesus.

Jesus doesn't want me in control because if I am in control: I am god. He wants me fully, completely, wholly fixed on HIM. My hopes, dreams, thoughts, circumstances, future, present and even past. He wants to be my Life. Everything. My all in all.

Many times in the last year and a half, I've had to pray to get my eyes off of everything and everyone around me and BACK on Jesus. I believe that He is teaching me to live continually fixed on Him. That is what He wants from me continually, fixed on Him.

What is fixed on Him? Trusting Him. If He says He will provide for all my needs, do I trust that He will? Do I rest in Him, knowing He cares for me? He is my Author (my Beginner) and my Perfecter (He completes His good work IN me).

I am His joy. Yes, I am His joy. He endured the cross, shed His precious blood so that I, His joy, may be found compete, holy, free and righteous. He became my sin and paid my debt so that I may live an abundant and abiding life in Him.

Jesus, my Beloved, is sitting at the right hand of God AND living in me. How amazing is that? How can I possibly allow the crazy things of this world, and myself, to overwhelm me when the King of kings, makes me His dwelling place in me? He has made me ALIVE because He lives His Life in and through me! That is REAL life!

Overwhelmed? Fearful? Letting people or the world or the enemy of your soul get you down? Well, let me tell you. Christ Jesus has OVERCAME them all. Live NO longer encumbered, entangled or enslaved because YOU have been set free if you have trusted and received the Lord Jesus Christ. Allow Jesus to fix you, from the INSIDE out, back on Him!

Father, reveal to me Jesus. I no longer want to live encumbered, entangled or enslaved to any one or any thing. I want to know Jesus fully and completely. You are the only One who can remove the veil. You are the only One who can teach me and anoint me with Truth. I want to be fixed on Jesus- body, soul and spirit. Thank you for being Faithful and True. Amen!

1 comment:

elaine @ peace for the journey said...

I've recently finished my next manuscript, soley based on Hebrews 11 and the heroes of faith who've gone before us. Many are walking in our midst now. None of those mentioned in Hebrews 11 get there because of their "screw ups." They get there for the one thing they had in common, the one thing they did right.

Faith.

I want to follow in their footsteps, and I hear you echoing the same with this post. You're not alone in your wants, friend, you walk with a great cloud of witnesses... me included.

Thanks for stopping by the blog and for investing some of your day with me and my many words. How I pray to always shine the peace and love of Jesus with every, authentic post I write.

Blessed week to you and yours.

peace~elaine