Sunday, March 7, 2010

Quick Update

I am still running. I had been running up to 5 miles a couple of times a week but it was putting too much stress on my left ankle. So, I got a slight sprained ankle. I took ibuprofen, iced it, brown paper-vinegar wrapped it, soaked it in epsom salt. It's much better. I am trying to run a 5K (3.1) every other day and sprints on the days I do not run the 5K. My ankle is holding up. Yesterday I ran the course at Dorman with two of my friends that are going to run Zebras. Nick and I are going back today.

The ministries at White Pines and Upstate Evaluation Center are going SO well! I thank God for allowing me to be apart of this ministry. I love those boys. I am praying they have the revelation of Jesus Christ! Oh, what I know He wants to do in and through them!

My dad's new wife, Sharon, has been diagnosed with cancer in her lung. She is going to have a PET scan on Tuesday. They have only been married since January 23rd. Please pray for them. I am praying God heals her so they can have a long and happy marriage. I will blog about this more another time, but right now I have to get ready for church.

My soul overflows with love for my Lord Jesus Christ and my beloved Father in heaven. Such beautiful love. I feel His love wash in me and through me. There is no greater joy than this Love.

My family is well. Nick is working, we almost have all of our tax money saved (thank You, God!), Allison and Ben are on spring break this week, Cody has a slight fever but ran the mile in 5:14 this week, Johnie helped Nick clean the fence row out. We've got a lot of work to do around here this spring and summer. We didn't get to do a lot last year because Nick didn't have a job so this year is catch up. Paint the deck, the patio steps, stucco around the house. Almost time to get my garden ready. We've got to get gravel for the drive and a new liner for the pool. A cover for the hot tub. Oh dear, so much to save up for!

Johnie has an appointment with the dentist and dermatologist in the next month. So thankful for dental insurance but since we have no health insurance we have to pay for the dermatologist.

"How can you send up to Him a prayer for His grace, with a restriction that He must only send it by a channel demanding no sacrifice on your part? - Fenelon"

I am not complaining, nor want any to feel bad for us. I want to know my Lord in deep, intimate fellowship and oneness. How can that be when everything in my life is all well? When we have no financial, physical, and/or emotional difficulties then we cannot truly trust and rest in Jesus. We must have these things. We must have circumstances and situations that demand dependence on Him. Otherwise, where is our faith and hope? Where can we look to? Our Self. I just can not take that burden any more of depending on my Self. I choose to cast my cares, anxieties, burdens and weariness on my Jesus. Only He is worthy to destroy them. I'd rather be in His loving arms and care than mine.

Love to you all.

No comments: