Friday, December 29, 2017

Home

No matter where we go- I am always the first one to get up. I love the quietness of wherever we happen to be. Make a cup of coffee and enjoy my surroundings.
This morning, a chilly 12 degrees, but the house is so warm- I don't even have socks on!- because of the outdoor wood furnace (stove) Barry and Karen have.
I look out on the same fields I woke up to as a child. Karen's house sits where our old house, which I grew up in, sit.
I love watching the sun rise. See the cows, hear the roosters. See what changes Barry has made to the farm. I love coming home. I love having my children (and now, their children) here with me. I love that because Karen and Barry bought our childhood farm all those years ago my kids have, in a sense, grew up where I grew up.
There's just something about continuity. We don't really see that a whole lot anymore. The same people living on the same place they grew up. I feel very blessed because my sister's family has done that and I get to share in that.
This place is always home to me. My family is home. Even though I live so far away (really, after 25 years 6 hours isn't THAT far!)- we've always tried to give the kids a sense that Kentucky is also HOME. I hope they always feel that pull that I do.
I feel like my roots settle so deep here. Yet, I do also in our little home we've lived in for almost 25 years in Pauline,SC.
But I know this...ultimately, this is NOT my home. Jesus is my true Home. And I hope and pray all in all that my family will all be together when we pass out of this time that is created to the next realm. What a time of rejoicing that will be! I won't have to say goodbye and travel a long road anymore!

No comments: