Friday, December 29, 2017

Endings and Beginings

So here we are, the end of another year. To some this has been a super great year. To some your life was completely turned inside out and upside down. To some it was another year in the books- not bad but not exceptional.
No matter the year you have had- can you see Jesus in the year? Can you feel and see Him in your daily life? Can you feel Him holding you close to Him? Oh that dear Good Shepherd of ours. Always near. Always drawn to us. He knows where we are and He is right with us.
I always sit down and read through my journal through the year. And then I write down my prayers and hopes for the next year. Usually I ask God to reveal to me what I can pray for the following year. In 2016 it was "enjoy Me". So I did, I set aside a lot of things just to spend time with Jesus and enjoy Him. In 2017 He told me to "enjoy others." I had no idea what He had in store but Patricia and I taught 4 Growing in Grace life-changing studies. I enjoyed fellowship with 50-60 women in the course of the year through those studies.
It is now that I begin to ask Him about 2018. I had originally thought I would take the year off teaching and focus on discipleship counseling. But God had other plans. I was honored when our associate pastor/Sunday school teacher, Joe, asked Rod and me to teach with him throughout the year through the book of Acts. Goodness. That is quite a challenge for me. Joe and Rod are both excellent teachers and to be able to teach with them- I am so, nervous-thankful-etc. I look forward to the time of intimate study and fellowship with the Lord as I prepare.
Another friend unexpectedly asked me to read some of her material (gosh I can't wait to go into more detail!) and again I am so so so honored! I was reading through just the first session on my way here to Ky for Christmas and I can't wait to session two! You know how your heart just sings within you? You feel all bubbling inside like joy is going to burst right out of your bones? Yeah, that's how I feel! God is speaking. All we have to do is INVITE HIM IN ; )
One thing that does keeping popping up around me is "the Cross of Christ". How God allowed an instrument of torture and death- made from material He spoke into existence, wood from a tree- to not only take the life of His Son but excruciatingly wring out His Life and Blood- so that I won't have to suffer and die for/from my own sins. The cross of Christ was also a door into which I can enter life. I can't have true, eternal life until I pass through the door of Life, and I can only pass through the door of life by BEING IN the Door and the Life.
I am the door; if anyone enters through Me, he will be saved, and will go in and out and find pasture.- John 10:9
I am the resurrection and the life; he who believes in Me will live even if he dies, and everyone who lives and believes in Me will never die.- John 11:25-26
Jesus *said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through Me.- John 14:6
This is eternal life, that they may know You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom You have sent.- John 17:3
Romans 6
Galatians 2:20 I have been crucified with Christ, I no longer live but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body I live by the faith of the Son of God who loved me and gave Himself or me.
Isn't that amazing?
How about you? Have you taken the time to sit quietly with Him and asked Him to speak to you and prepare you for 2018? It will be a wonderful way to end this year and begin the next.
I pray you experience deep and abiding love and intimacy with our intimate, loving, abiding Father and His Son, Jesus Christ each and every day.

No comments: