Monday, October 10, 2016

My take on where America is today.....

In 1993 when Bill Clinton (until 2001) went into office I was 23 years old.
Nick and I had been married almost 5 years.
We had two children.
I wasn't one bit concerned about politics.
I could have cared less.
But even I knew NAFTA wasn't a good idea.
Even I knew jobs would leave America.

Something happened to me by the time it came to vote for another president. I had grown up. I began to be concerned about the next 4 years and the next 8 years.

Then in 2001 we were attacked. Bush spent the next 8 years trying to keep America safe.

Now here I am- 46 years old and I am deeply concerned about the next 8 years. I am deeply concerned about the next 50 years.

I really don't think the younger generation, just like us, doesn't think about the future. I hope they wake up soon.

8 years ago when Obama took office our health insurance was about $50 a week and it was really good.
NOW you are penalized if you don't have health insurance.
And now the family insurance is $193 a week with an $8000 deductible and a 60% copay.
Nick and I opted out of regular health insurance and went with Christian Healthcare Ministries.

Our country sure has changed the last 8 years. It just doesn't feel safe. It doesn't feel united. And since I was 23, it's a very very different country.

I am very concerned about the next 8 years. I love America but I am so sad for the path she has taken. I'm sad because of:

rising costs-health care (insurance, hospitals and doctors),

of low income areas without good paying jobs,

of so many on welfare that could work,

so many on disability that could work,

of the lack of a good work ethic among Americans,

lack of the desire to work and prosper,

the lack of responsibilities,

the huge huge huge devastation of prescription and illicit drugs,

the lack of traditional family-so many children are born without two committed parents within the home,

broken families,

lack of true faith in Jesus,

lack of common decency for others,

the "get something for nothing" ideology,

"I'm owed, I'm deserving" ideology,

"more play, less work" ideology,

more debt within the family- having to have big houses, nicest cars, best vacations, name brand clothes

less giving,

and many more.

I'm sad because I've seen the attitudes of American's change the last 23 years.
I'm sad because we are a very divided country, and our two parties want it that way.

Personally I am for the party that is LESS government control in our life.
The government shouldn't be our "Sugar Daddy".
We need to learn to work again, care for and provide for, our families.

Broken parents have broken children.
Broken families lead to broken countries.

When American's get a new sense of responsibility to take care of our families, to provide for them, to protect them- not the government- THEN we will once again become united.

No comments: