Tuesday, May 26, 2015

May 26, 1993

     May 26, 1993 we loaded up the Geo and moved from Liberty, Ky to Spartanburg, SC. 22 years, so hard to believe. Cody was 6 months old and Allison 3 1/2. Nick and I were 24 and 23.

     We had no idea how hard it was going to be to leave all of our family and move away. When all you have is each other- it makes you or breaks you. It almost broke us. But in time- it made us stronger.

     Its still hard to be away from family (and friends who we don't get to spend enough time with!!!). Very hard. I miss them so much. Every day. But with technology the way it is- it's better. And after 22 years of making that 6 hour drive- you kind of get used to it.

     We STILL get asked all the time, "Think you'll move back home?"

     I just say, "We are blessed to have two homes. They just happen to be 300 miles apart."

     I am home in Rheber, Ky and I am home in Pauline, SC.

    For this nature lover this sums it up best for me, "Bloom where you are planted."

No comments: