Thursday, May 21, 2015

Mary Geegh

Mary Geegh was a missionary to India for 38 years.  1924-1962.  Her family (she was never married so this was her siblings and their children) put together some of her stories in a book after Mary passed from this life- and those stories became, "God Guides".

In one story Mary had been neglecting her health, she had a "sharp pain in the weak spot of my spine and developing pyorrhea in all my teeth".

So she went to the doctor.  The doctor told her she needed a new body and a new mind.  This offended Mary- and in addition to her physical sickness she began to have resentment in her heart and mind toward the doctor!

One night a thought came to her, "Why not be still?"

"Ah yes!  Why did I not come to You, Lord, in the first place?"

So she was quiet and waited for guidance.

"Give up your resentment against the doctor."

"Oh!  Do you mean I must go back to her?" my heart cried.

Silence.

Mary knew she must start with instructions as they came, "Give up your resentment against her."

"I knelt and said, "Help me, Lord.  Cleanse me of self-pity.  Fill my heart with Your love for her."  I feel asleep on my knees.  His Peace had come to me.  I slipped into bed and slept soundly."

Mary awoke the next morning with the following thoughts:

1.  Brush your teeth with salt, soda and charcoal mixture.
2.  Open your mouth to the sun, let it shine in, ten minutes each day.
3.  Put one teaspoon of magnesium sulphate in each quart of your drinking water.
4.  Eat raw vegetables daily.
5.  Pull weeds in the garden at noon daily.

Just after Mary finished writing these thoughts down in her guidance notebook a friend brought to her some charcoal powder!  She had the salt and the soda but no charcoal!

"Now I know this is truly God's guidance.  I can begin immediately to obey Him."  Then she thanked her friend for her faithfulness to God's guidance by bringing the charcoal to her.

For 3 months daily Mary obeyed every point.  And there began a surge of new health and strength flowing through her body, and indeed her mind!  The pains disappeared and so the did the pyorrhea.

A few years later when she visited America on furlough she had a check-up.  The dentist remarked, "Your mouth is a miracle!  All your teeth show signs of pyorrhea and yet there isn't a speck of it left."

"Great is Your Faithfulness, Lord, unto me;
Morning by morning, new mercies I see."

No comments: