Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Rest

Sunday evening Nick and I came to Raleigh,NC. He has training for his work. He asked me if I would like to come.

"You are always talking about spending a few days alone in a hotel, here's the chance!"

So I worked out my schedule. And here I am!

I don't get enough rest. Down time. I am busy most days and evenings. Just like most women I know. We just don't get enough quiet rest.

I am a physically active person. I usually don't sit down until I go to bed at night. I clean houses- and some days that is just hard. Especially if its a house with 2 floors and multiple bathrooms AND I have an office to do that evening.

I feel like I am always on GO. I really don't know how to relax. There is always something to do. On the other hand- I am never ever bored.

But theses last two days, I have rested more than I have in- a very very long time. Monday I ran 4 miles on the treadmill, took a shower and then laid in bed until the next day! Even when Nick brought supper in!

One thing my beloved did was to watch a YouTube video on piriformis/SI joint massage. He has been massaging my leg/back/backside to ease the sciatic nerve pain! It's really helped! I've slept without pain the last two nights!

Tuesday I spent ALL DAY at the desk reading my Bible. Studying and making notes. What a great day! I've not been able to do that in years.

It's been a wonderful two days. I'm kind of sad to leave. I wish I had more days like this. But I truly am thankful for these days.





No comments: