Saturday, February 23, 2013

Abiding in Christ


You know, God allows the very thing in our life that keeps us abiding- trusting and resting- in Christ.  Paul was given a "frailty" that made him say, "I can't".  (2 Corinthians 12).  So have you.  And me.

We are told to SAVE, to FUND our retirement.  But what happens when we have a sickness in our family? Or a job loss?  What happens when the savings are gone? What happens if we have to take the money out of our retirement just to eat and pay our mortgage?

Nick and I went through a job loss several years ago.  It took him 11 months to find a regular job.  We went a long time without health insurance.  But God.  Did we EVER go without?  NO!  We did not.   Ever.  He constantly provided money to pay our bills- we were never late on anything.  He constantly provided food to eat.  Everything we NEEDED- He provided.  And some things we didn't need!  Our pastor and church family- absolutely stepped in and allowed God to give through them.  He ministered through them, to us.

Since then, every time we think- WOW- we might actually get to save some money- something comes up.  Usually our cars tear up.  Or our daughter gets married!  We just SQUEAK by.  But God.  He allows the very thing that keeps us abiding.

For us, it's money.  I guess if we have too much, we'd trust in our selves and not in Him.  And He is God, He knows what we would do!  He is All-Knowing!  So, He says, "I just want to keep you close to Me.  Trusting in Me.  Resting in Me.  Abiding in Me.  I want to keep us in intimate oneness."  Well, Amen.  So do I.

In this life things are temporary.  But in Christ things are eternal and unseen.  I want to live in Christ, in the eternal and unseen things.  I want to live by faith- sure of what I hope for (Christ to be my Life, my All-in All, my Center) and certain of what I do not see.  Even though I may not see a way through or out, I know the Way.

In Revelation 2:17 , Jesus says,
"He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches. To him who overcomes, to him I will give some of the hidden manna, and I will give him a white stone, and a new name written on the stone which no one knows but he who receives it.’"

I think my new name might be "all things".  

Romans 8:28
And we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose.

Colossians 1:17
He is before all things, and in Him all things hold together.


My hearts desire to love Him fully and completely, with all that I am.  He will work all things to my good (even though to this world it may not seem or look "good").  He is and goes before me.  He hold me together.

Now, isn't that something?  Isn't that wonderful?  Who could ask or want more than that?

Thank You, for loving me.  Thank You for holding me together.  Thank You for doing whatever it takes to keep me abiding, trusting and resting in You and You alone. I love You.


No comments: