Tuesday, November 17, 2009

One Day Older

I know this is going to sound incredibly strange to some people...it even does to me...but I'm kind of a 'dates' person. Meaning, that certain dates stand out to me. It's not fear or superstition. It's just the way God uniquely created me.

The internet can be such a cool devise. Did you know there is a page you can use to figure out the duration between two dates?

http://www.timeanddate.com/date/duration.html

When I found this site I found out when I had been married half of my life...last October 2008, I think.

So what is today's date? Today I have lived one day longer than my mother. My mother died at the age of 39 years, 7 months and 19 days (14479 days). Today I am 39 years, 7 months and 20 days (14480). I have lived longer than my mother. It makes me very sad that her life was cut so short. But I know that God works together all things for the good of those who love Him. And I do.

By my age, my mother had 7 children, 3 marriages and 2 grandchildren. I do believe she was happy the last years of her life. I think she finally found not only peace with God but some sort of peace within. She had a terribly rough childhood and teenage years. I loved her very much. I still do. I do believe she trusted in Jesus as her Lord and Savior, so I know I will see her again. How very thankful I am for that.

I have lived a very easy life compared to her. Although her sudden death was devastating to me for many years, my life has been good. I am finally free of the all the fears, sorrows and depression. A lot of that I brought on myself. I wallowed in my fears, sorrows and depression. I have to thank Jesus for making my life what it is. He is my Redeemer. He has not only redeemed me of sin and has forgiven me, He has redeemed me from the earthly hell (I helped create).

I leave you with His comforting Word to me:
Psalm 116
Thanksgiving for Deliverance from Death.
1I love the LORD, because He hears
My voice and my supplications.
2Because He has inclined His ear to me,
Therefore I shall call upon Him as long as I live.
3The cords of death encompassed me
And the terrors of Sheol came upon me;
I found distress and sorrow.
4Then I called upon the name of the LORD:
"O LORD, I beseech You, save my life!"
5Gracious is the LORD, and righteous;
Yes, our God is compassionate.
6The LORD preserves the simple;
I was brought low, and He saved me.
7Return to your rest, O my soul,
For the LORD has dealt bountifully with you.
8For You have rescued my soul from death,
My eyes from tears,
My feet from stumbling.
9I shall walk before the LORD
In the land of the living.
10I believed when I said,
"I am greatly afflicted."
11I said in my alarm,
"All men are liars."
12What shall I render to the LORD
For all His benefits toward me?
13I shall lift up the cup of salvation
And call upon the name of the LORD.
14I shall pay my vows to the LORD,
Oh may it be in the presence of all His people.
15Precious in the sight of the LORD
Is the death of His godly ones.
16O LORD, surely I am Your servant,
I am Your servant, the son of Your handmaid,
You have loosed my bonds.
17To You I shall offer a sacrifice of thanksgiving,
And call upon the name of the LORD.
18I shall pay my vows to the LORD,
Oh may it be in the presence of all His people,
19In the courts of the LORD'S house,
In the midst of you, O Jerusalem.
Praise the LORD!

On March 8, 200O Jesus became my Lord and Savior. On August 4, 2007 He lifted me out of the miry pit of depression, anxiety, fear and antidepressants. On October 3, 2008 He became my Life.

Jesus is my Life.

No comments: