Friday, November 6, 2009

Last night was awesome!

At Camp White Pines we are met in the driveway by several boys to help us carry everything in. One is a new fellow. Helpful as can be!

We met in a very small class room...and have to carry more desks in the room. We had 18 boys last night. What a great group of young men! By now, they know what to do to get set up. Ice in cups, drinks ready. Pass out the snacks that Laurie has lovingly prepared. Chris asked the blessing, "Bow your head as a sign of respect" and off he goes! Amen!

One of the counselors came to Andy about getting some of the new, younger kids into the group. Seems our regular boys are quite the leaders. Andy told the man that we just don't have enough room for more...so we are hoping they will make arrangements for us to somehow have a bigger room.

One of the boys, Dylan was in such a down mood. The boys had gotten new black hoodies and Dylan's was over his head. When I asked him what was wrong he showed me a print out from the computer. One of his friends had been killed in a car accident. During our teaching time he went out with Andy. I think that really helped because he seemed better after Andy spent some time praying and talking with Him.

Laurie always starts us out with music and telling the boys how much they mean to us. We love and care for them. You can surely tell it when Laurie talks with them!

Marcus spent some time with Andy...along with one of the other boys, "Newport". Newport was actually counseling Marcus WITH Andy! Amen to that!

Prayer Request per the guys:
AJ: (He didn't write a prayer request down)
Thankful to God for: Ya'll coming every Thursday, it really helps me out

Chris: Me to stay on right path, my family
Thankful to God for:

Kyle (sweet kid): Don't pray for me, pray for everyone in the world that needs God in their life
Thankful to God for:Being so great to me

Jvorriean: My family, my situation, help me to get home faster so I can be there for my family especially my niece, little sister and cousin
Thankful to God for: Being my Lord, Savior and Father

James: Going home in December and my mom that she moves to * to be closer to me
Thankful to God for: Mom, sisters, brothers and aunts..anyone helping me to stay on the right track, I am thankful for seeing you all every Thursday

Joshua: For me to go home and stay out of harms way
Thankful to God for: Letting me get 90 days and no probation

Ronald: For me and my mother and that everything goes well for us when I go home
Thankful to God for: I am thankful for being here and to learn and to learn from my mistakes

Rashaun: Anything that you can possibly think of...I need all the prayer I can get
Thankful to God for: Waking me up to see another day. Blessing me with all the blessings that He does and bringing me into this life for someone to care about me

Dylan: the family of my friend killed in a car crash and his friends that was close to him
Thankful to God for:

Marcale: Pray that I can go home and make something of myself, pray for my family so that they can have good life, pray so that my peeps (LOL) can do right so they can make better decisions
Thankful to God for:

Michael: Getting all of our gold cards so I can get sergeant and go home in December
Thankful to God for: Keeping my family safe and waking me up every morning.

Tyrist: That God came into my heart and that my time go by quick, also pray for my family and friend
Thankful to God for:

Zach: Going home and getting and staying on the right track, for everyone to find Christ, including me, also for my Nanny to get better
Thankful to God for: For the team (us), life, friends, family and for everything He has done for us. Also, love! Thanks!

Arkeevis: Pray for me so that I can be all that I can be so that I can make something of myself
Thankful to God for: I'm thankful to God because He put me on this earth and He's the only person who can judge me.

Newport: Didn't fill out sheet


I'll ask the boys to give me more info on the Gold Cards Michael mentioned. I know it has to do with behavior, leadership etc.

We have several leaving in the next few weeks. Laurie always buys them a gift bag with a Bible, devotional book and goodies. If anyone would like to contribute to that please let us know.

Things we need:
Stamps
Capri Suns
Snack crackers (peanut butter, cheese)
Cups
Paper Towels
Long White Envelopes

Andy and I meet at our church, Bethlehem Baptist at 6:30 on Monday nights to write the boys at Upstate Evaluation Center if you would like to join us, please do so! They love getting letters and most don't hardly get any.

I will post the prayer request from Upstate Evaluation Center later.

Thanks for praying for us!
Andy, Laurie and Starla

No comments: