Saturday, March 10, 2018

Experiencing the Reality of the Resurrection of Jesus

As we move into Spring there is signs of life and resurrection every where.
The flowers, the trees, the grass, the birds, the fields, the sunrise, the breeze- oh even this creation that bears the image of her Creator.
Spring announces Hope.
I don't know where I would be without Hope. This life would be nothing but trying to live the best I can day after day. I tried that for 29 years and 345 days. It turned out my best was a broken, angry, depressed, manipulative, filthy-mouthed, self-centered mess.
Unfortunately I spend the first 8 years of my life as a believer STILL trying to live the best I could- but this time I was trying to be the best Christian I could be- with the same results. Broken. Angry. Depressed. Manipulative. At times filthy-mouthed. A self-centered mess.
And then the grace and knowledge of Jesus went from my head to heart. A divine explosion happened with in me. I was letting go and getting lost in Jesus. My heart became open wide to receive- all that He wanted to speak into me. My heart went wild. It was Spring in me.
Flowers began to spring up inside of me. I began to experience the love, the nurturing, the nourishing- the revelation of Jesus, Himself.
I've been on this journey for going on 10 years. HE has always been faithful. Me, not so much, no so always- but when that used to happen I would feel like a failure and condemnation would set up in my mind. Now, I know that the accuser and condemner has no hold over me. And I turn back into Jesus and allow Him to hold me close into Him. I run into Him not from Him.
This life I am living. This perpetual Spring in my inner man, my spirit, is experiencing the REALITY of Jesus Christ's resurrrection from the dead. How can this be?
Or do you not know that all of us who have been baptized into Christ Jesus have been baptized into His death? Therefore we have been buried with Him through baptism into death, so that as Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, so we too might walk in newness of life. For if we have become united with Him in the likeness of His death, certainly we shall also be in the likeness of His resurrection, knowing this, that our old self was crucified with Him, in order that our body of sin might be done away with, so that we would no longer be slaves to sin; for he who has died is freed from sin.- Romans 6:3-7
Yes, He took my old sinful inner man to the Cross with Him. When He died, my old sinful inner Starla died also.
Yes, When He rose from the dead, new righteous holy Starla rose with Him- IN HIM.
For you have died and your life is hidden with Christ in God.- Colossians 3:3
Spring Eternal for this new creation conformed to the image of God's own Son.
Hope. Life. Resurrection. Healing. Wholeness.

No comments: