Thursday, June 30, 2016

Seasons

Last night when we got home from Kentucky it was pouring down, much much much needed, rain. It has been quite awhile since we got any amount of substantial rain, here in our little Pauline. 

It gets really hot and really humid here. Our grass turns crunchy and brown. The flowers, fruit and vegetables suffer from the lack of rain.

Then the rain comes- and overnight it's a cool 68 degrees, our grass has soaked up the much needed water and has turned soft and green again. The earth smells and feels cleansed. 

It took a LONG time, weeks, for the earth to turned to hard, dry, growthless ground. 

But it only took one night of cool, steady rain to replenish the earth. 

And so it is with God. Maybe you've been in a dry season- and you feel as if your heart is hard, dry and growthless. Maybe you don't FEEL His Presence. 

But friend, Jesus is was ALWAYS with you. You may have felt in your soul (mind, will and emotions) that He was not with you but the TRUTH is- if you are a believer, His child- He promised He would never leave you or forsake you. Never. And never is "a mighty long time". 

He is just as much with you when you don't feel His presence as He is when are overwhelmed with experiencing His presence. 

He is just as much with you (HE LIVES IN YOU!) when you are wandering around the dry and barren wilderness as He when you are floating gently, without a care, down the peaceful river. 

The point is NOT the season- dry or nourished.
The Point, is Jesus- well, Jesus IS the Point. 


Be fixed on Him, no matter how you feel. Feelings are real but they aren't always truthful. Be fixed on Truth. 

"Jesus, even if I never feel Your presence- I am trusting, by faith, that YOU are with me. You abide in me, and I in you. This is much deeper than what my soul experiences. You have made me alive with Your very presence in my spirit- now I ask You to live through my spirit, overwhelm my soul- and capture me like never before. Whether in the wilderness or the lush land- by faith...I take hold of You."

No comments: