Friday, June 17, 2016

Jesus...my Path

There are two of the dearest ladies you could ever meet that walk together on the same roads I run. The last few years we have struck up a wonderful friendship. These two ladies are 68 and 77. Yes, they walk probably 4 miles a day. Some days, I just stop running and walk with them. I am so thankful for the older women God has brought into to my life to mentor me, speak truth into me, laugh and cry with me.

One of the ladies, Brenda, told me last week, "There is something so special, so wonderful and emotional, seeing for the first time your daughter hold her first baby." Brenda and I both, teared up as we walked and talked. Her in remembrance and me envisioning. 


Last night I was sitting on the deck watching the stars come out one by one and the moon just lit up the night- I prayed, "Lord, when I was 26 my life was so different. 20 years ago I was a young mother of 3 children and the path I was choosing was not a good path. By the time I was 30 the path of life I was on was a complete turn around. YOU, Jesus, changed my path. Not only mine but my marriage, my kids path...You changed the direction of a whole family. Oh God, what if You hadn't came into our life? Where would we be? Certainly not on the path we are...or my kids on the path they are on....Jesus, Jesus...You saved us. You saved not only our life but...our LIFE!"

Because of choosing the Way, the Truth and the Life....this girl, well now...this young woman in the picture below...chose to wait, to trust God in His perfect timing and His glorious purpose. 

I get to see this young woman in a few short weeks hold her first baby for the first time. I get to see her do something I didn't do. I get to see her speak Jesus into her child from the moment of birth (actually, conception!). I get to tell my first grandchild that Jesus is peace. He is love. He is faithful. I get to tell him that one day Jesus spoke to me and I said Yes to Him. And because of that choosing, we are on a different path...and he, my grandson is on that path. 

3 John 1:4
I have no greater joy than this, to hear of my children walking in the truth.



My favorite bridal portrait of Allison Nichelle Ellison.

No comments: