Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Spring!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I adore Spring. I love having my windows and doors open. I love the breeze blowing winter out the door. I love the birds busy and singing. I love the flowers and trees blooming. I love the warm sunshine and clear blue skies. I love the ground warming up under my bare feet. I love the green grass. I love daffodils and dandelions. I adore Spring.

Did you know Jesus was crucified in the Spring? Yes, Jerusalem only experiences Spring for a few weeks in March and April- and of course Jesus was crucified, buried and rose again during the Passover and Feast of Unleavened Bread- two of the seven feasts (holidays) the Jewish people were told to commemorate by God. (The Jewish people celebrate Passover as a commemoration of their liberation by God from slavery in Egypt and their freedom as a nation under the leadership of Moses. It commemorates the story of the Exodus as described in the Hebrew Bible especially in the Book of Exodus, in which the Israelites were freed from slavery in Egypt.)

Spring is symbolism of new life. A dormant earth gives way to life. In the animal world, babies are born.

Life!

Over and over and over Jesus tells us that He is Life. Jesus was put to death and paid the penalty for sin- death! But God raised Him from the dead- and for those who believe in Him has also been raised from death. Our winter is over and we experience eternal Spring- eternal life. We are not who we were and we certainly don't walk the walk anymore as we were. We are new creations- holy and blameless. He gave us life...His life...so that we can walk in the newness of life, His life. So that we can LIVE- live like never before- free and unchained.

John 4:13-14
Jesus answered and said to her, “Everyone who drinks of this water will thirst again; but whoever drinks of the water that I will give him shall never thirst; but the water that I will give him will become in him a well of water springing up to eternal life.”

Colossians 2:13 When you were dead...He made you alive together with Him!

No comments: