Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Shepherding group

A friend of mine hosts a shepherding group in her home.  AKA, a small group for couples.   This group is from her church (in Greenville)- she and her husband are the leaders.  They meet every 1st and 3rd Wednesday.

I have asked Nick to go with me.  Our church does not do interactive small groups year round.  We do small groups in January until March but not all of them are interactive.  I really want to be a part of an interactive small group that encourages each other- like a FAMILY.  I want to be with my brothers and sisters in Christ.  To laugh, to talk, to read the Bible together, to pray together, to do communion- to BE together.

In church, you can't really do that.  In Sunday School you have one teacher and less than an hour.  You can do prayer requests but to actually interact with others- not so much.  In the worship, you sing together, the pastor preaches- and then you leave.  Still no interaction.

I think the familial interaction is what I have been missing.


No comments: