Thursday, April 23, 2015

If....

What would I look like if Jesus REALLY ruled in me?
If He did, that is, if my faith were deep, burning, powerful and passionate, my life would be very different.
My self-esteem would cease to be based upon the worldly values of possessions, prestige, status and privilege, and upon the group solidarities of family, race, class, religion and nation. For to make these my supreme values is to have nothing in common with Jesus.
With burning faith I would speak of Jesus not as some distant being but as a close friend with whom I have a personal relationship.
The invisible world would become more real than the visible, the world of what I believe more real than the world of what I see, Christ more real than myself.
Yes, my life would be radically different if Jesus Christ ruled in me, if my faith had the force of a passionate conviction.
- Brennan Manning, The Relentless Tenderness of Jesus

No comments: