Thursday, March 19, 2015

Scott Wolfe "Enought is enough!"

Today I am reposting an email from Scott Wolfe, with InYou Ministries.  Scott is a dear friend and I am honored to be on InYou's board.  

"Enough is enough!"

God's reply is the same...

I come across this feeling and phrase so often in life and in counseling. When we get to the end of our rope, when we're fed up, when we feeling we cannot take any more, we cry out, "Enough is enough!" It's human. Paul and Jesus both faced similar feelings—although much more stressful circumstances!

In the Garden of Gethsemane, Jesus cried out three times to be delivered from death, separation and pain. In 2 Cor. 12:7-8, Paul implored the Lord three times that a tormenting "thorn in the flesh" (a messenger of Satan) be taken away. Without a doubt, they had had enough.

The Father's reply to both of them was the same: “My grace is sufficient for you, for power is perfected in weakness.” In other words: "My enough is enough." Scripture does NOT say God will never give us more than we can handle. Indeed He does! Neither do the Scriptures say that He gives us trials to make us stronger. No, clearly He allows pain and suffering to have it's perfect purpose of convincing us of our weaknesses. So what is the appropriate response to cancer, marital conflict, wayward children, financial stress or natural disaster?

I suggest you name it. Draw a circle around it and cry out, "I can't fix this!" Be real. Be honest. Be what you are in the moment—weak. John the Baptist got it: "He must increase; I must decrease." The Spirit-breathed words from God say it best (vs. 9-10): "
Most gladly, therefore, I will rather boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may dwell in me. Therefore I am well content with weaknesses, with insults, with distresses, with persecutions, with difficulties, for Christ’s sake; for when I am weak, then I am strong."

You want to be a strong Christian? Be weak. Weak in your dependency on self; strong in consenting to what God has permitted to reveal His strength. ("I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me" Phil. 4:13) The purpose of problems is perfection (maturity)—coming to full faith that He is enough when we've had enough! Faith must keep expanding until it includes all things, for all things work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to His purpose. What's the purpose? Conformity into the image of Jesus. (Rom. 8:28-29) "Christ in you; the hope of glory [Christlikeness]" (Col. 1:27).

Are you well content yet or still crying "enough is enough!" God always heals what He reveals. What's on it's way up is on it's way out...unless we choke it back. He truly is enough of everything you lack. The only way to truly discover this is to experience the lack and let the Father fill you with just enough!
Whether it be a week-long visit to a Kentucky prison or an on-going ministry to a local correction facility, the objective is to present "Christ is Life!" to potentially prepared prisoners. Pray for me and InYou as God leads. I am currently meeting with "Jumpstart" ministryto consider a partnership in discipleship.
Board Member & partner
in ministry, Rob Nelson
invites you to a Marriage
Seminar
 THIS weekend!
Click picture for more info.

Scott is speaking at Dorman HS FCA tomorrow @ 7 am.

Scott & Kelli lead parents weekend in WV, May 5.

Pray for me and our Board as we make strategic plans for 2015 and beyond.
Pray for me as I revise this proven curriculum in a new 13-week self-study format. InYou offers discipleship-counsel training for $250. Call or email for appointment.

Read more info and Purchase your copy online by clicking the cover.
Copyright © 2015 InYou Ministries. All rights reserved.
You are receiving this email as a partner of InYou.

Our mailing address is:
InYou Ministries
PO Box 998
RoebuckSC 29376

No comments: