Sunday, March 15, 2015

Rejected! Again.....

In the discipleship counseling we do our desire is others come to know lies they have believed- messages received from others in their life- and exchange those lies for the truth.

I am pretty honest with others about what my core lie is- in other words, messages I have received and believed from others in my life- and mine is that I am- gulp- unacceptable. So therefore, every time in my life I have felt rejected by someone I do whatever it takes to make myself acceptable.

Your core lie could be that your unlovable or unloved, or you have no worth or value or you are insecure or insignificant, or like me- unacceptable.

But now- through knowing what the lies are I exchange the lies for the truth of what God says of me. I then experience Victory and Freedom!

Now, when I am rejected by someone I simply go to my Father and ask Him to speak Truth in me.

"Starla, I will never reject you. I have made you acceptable. Others may reject you but I never will. That's a promise."

Well, if I am acceptable to my Father- amen! So be it!

No comments: