Thursday, February 19, 2015

No Desire

In the last year or so I have often thought,   "Why don't I desire more?"

I don't desire- writing a book or bible studies. 

I don't desire being a part of a ministry or having a great blog. 

I don't desire any of those things. 

I can't seem to talk myself into it or even to want to desire those things. 

I'm ok being me.  I'm ok with being an unsuccessful Christian - in others viewpoint. I'm ok with being simple. 

I do have some desires though. 

I desire deeper intimacy with God. To know and be known. I desire for all of His fullness and riches and fruit- to be real and evident in me and through me. 

I desire to share Him and His truth wherever and whenever and however to whomever He chooses to bring in my life. 

I desire to be enveloped by Him and His truth wherever and whenever and however by whomever He chooses to reveal Himself through to me. 

My greatest desire is, simply, Him. 

Psalm 37:4
Delight yourself in The Lord; And He will give you the desires of your heart. 


No comments: