Thursday, November 20, 2014

Friends

I was out running in the COLD morning and I asked the Lord, "What would You speak into me today?"
He began to speak to me about this year and one of the things He has done for me:
Friends. He has brought more real and true friends in my life. He has renewed old friendships and made them new, since we are all new creations in Him, now. He has made friends out of a lot of my cousins. He has deepened friendships with my dearest friends.
These friends, I am so thankful for! For the fellowship, the laughter, the crying, the praying, the eating, the hiking, the running, the walking, the teaching, the being taught, the singing- all the moments of being together!
I have such sweet intimacy with these friends, because it is the fellowship of believers. The body, being- the body.
And then He said to be, "I didn't create you to be in a box."
So much of this fellowship has happened in so many places. Pizza Hut, hospital rooms, Dorman, my living room/dining room, church buildings, others living rooms/dining rooms, driving the car, sitting the car, while walking or running, while climbing hills, while rocking on the front porch swing, while trolling around in a boat, in an old chicken hatchery in Ireland-
do you see? Anywhere Christ is- there is sweet fellowship.
I am so thankful for all of you, my friends. So thankful for all the ways we have encouraged, loved, laughed and prayed for each other this year!
You are a true gift from God!

No comments: